Sunday, February 28, 2010

How can you keep wet african american hair from getting frizzy and poofy?

I have regular african american hair and i cant stand it, the only thing thats gooda about it is that after i wash it, it gets perfectly crimpy and it looks really pretty i wish that I could keep it like that but if i let it air dry it'll like turn into an afro. Is their any way to keep my cute wavy look nice without it getting frizzy and poofy? Like are their any products available that work, keep in mind that i have regular african american hair. pleasee help me.How can you keep wet african american hair from getting frizzy and poofy?
I have tried to achieve that look many times over the summer. I have a relaxer and I used gel and Smooth n Shine Polishing spray. Eventually from me wetting my hair so much to keep that look it eventually started to break and my scalp became so dry. So, be careful what people suggest. Just a suggestion, as an alternative you can try to get a wave from like Gold n Hot (ceramic is less damaging to the hair) or even a crimpler. Just make sure you apply some heat protectant (like Motions Heat Protector or Aveda Brilliant Damage Control). Good luck!How can you keep wet african american hair from getting frizzy and poofy?
Try Let's Jam Straightening cream. It works for me. all you do is after you wash your hair apply a generous amount of the product and you can blow dry or air dry. I don't know how thick your hair is but if you have thick hair it will releive some frizziness but not all.
add jell or add some braids to your hair styles and tie it up at night
use a deep leave in moisturizer like Neutragena Triple moisture, and use some curly pudding. Do a search for it, because I don't know the brand name. I have seen others results, but I have not tried it myself.


My hair is also crimpy-like while wet, but frizzy when dry. I just accept the frizzyness, and I LOVE MY HAIR.
John Freda makes a couple of products that will kind of help but it will NOT give you the exact result you are thinking of. He has a Hair Serum that you put in your hair while wet to help cut down on frizziness get the extra strength one. And he has a Curl spray to help keep hair curly. I have used them both and i have African American Hair that is not mixed with anything else. I use it when I don't want to put heat on my hair. BUT I have a relaxer too so if your hair is natural I don't know how it will work
You could always shave it off. Sinead O'Connor looked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment