Sunday, February 28, 2010

How do I use coconut on relaxed African American hair?

My aunt is a beautician and suggested that I use coconut oil in my hair. I've been currently using hot 6 oil as a conditioner and moisturizer and my hair has grown a lot. I want it to continue growing and keeping it as healthy as possible (with it being relaxed). I only relax my hair every 4 months. How would I go about conditioning and shampooing my hair with coconut oil? Also what is a good moisturizer to use in btween washes?? How do I use coconut on relaxed African American hair?
u j wash n condition like normal. then when ur hair is dry, or near dry rub a dab about a quarter size in the palm of ur hand, then apply to ur hair like the way u would lotion to legs. ( avoid the scalp though, u don't want clogged pores, and many come in semi-solid form, but melt with body heat).

No comments:

Post a Comment