Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What are the best shampoos/conditioners for african american hair that promotes body and bounce?

I have coarse African American hair and I want to know a good shampoo and conditioner that promotes body bounce and stimulates hair growth? Also it would be great if you could list some products that could also help in these areas, and a good straightening lotion? Thankss a tonn :]What are the best shampoos/conditioners for african american hair that promotes body and bounce?
Kenra or Keracare is a good shampoo/conditioner for ethnic hair. And I also reccomend Control Freak by BedHead. It's a straightening spray, not a lotion though.What are the best shampoos/conditioners for african american hair that promotes body and bounce?
optimum oil therapy recovery shampoo and conditioner they leave my hair so soft and gorgeous
i work at a salon and our black stylist has only black clients and she uses nioxin for regrowth ..... and all white hair products biosilk and pureology brands they have silky serums as well as sheen spray and shampoos and conditioners for multiple hair types
Pantene Pro-v relaxed and natural





trust me!!
Products are irrelevant. Proper MAINTENANCE stimulates hair growth. Movement comes as a result of not having a bunch of crap weighing your hair down. Hair can't move if it's full of grease...





I find myself having to switch a lot but here are the prodcuts I like.


Motions.


Mizani (HANDS DOWN..any of their products)


KeraCare


Nexxus.


I'm using Pantene Relaxed and Natural and it is VERY good. Your shampoo/conditioner should be something which will moisturize. I mean it will be if it's for black folks.





There's this line called Organics, I love it. I think that's the line the girl above me was talking about. My hair has gotten used to the shampoos but they have this Olive Oil Replenishing pak...very good. I'll leave it on for an hour and my hair will be so soft when I take it off. It smells good too.





The products you buy depend on your hair really.I mean--I can tell you what's good but you have to buy products for the hair you have. If it's thin you should buy products catering to thin and soft hair.


If you hair is weak and damaged. You should buy products which help strengthen...there are ingredients you should look for but for the life of me I can't remember. I think it's Keratin and Amino something and Protein. I 'm sorry...





If it's overly dry your products should be geared towards retaining moisture and natural oils. See what I mean?





See, so I don't really buy gels and pomades and all kinds of straightening lotions and crap. My hair is dry so I buy a lot of conditioning/moisturizing heavily oil based products, like, hot oil treatments, conditioners and hair masks.


I'll wash my hair, put in 3 conditioners (not at the same time) and just chill under the dryer with some wine and my Essence magazine!


LOL.


It takes me about 2-3 hours to wash and condition the hair. (when I don't do a hot oil) Many women don't like washing THEIR own hair. But I do. This is the reason why my hair is healthy. Hair washing is a ritual for me. Every Sunday...





As far as moisturizers. I just use hair lotion from Organics. I don't like Pink Oil moisturizer. If my hair looks dry I use oil sheen. That's it. Then I flat iron and wrap it and tie it up.





You mentioned straightening--I don't really use straightening wax as much as I did when my hair was tapered but regular old curl wax was good. I liked Mizani curl wax though. I mean to me it's all the same crap....petroleum.





But--


If you want your hair to grow, you must limit heat styling. You have to---because HEAT, black hair and Relaxers don't go together, girl.





Or maybe you could try 'wet-sets' or cute updos. That way you can maintain a style without using heat.





Do you know how to wrap your hair? If not learn.





Also sleep with a silk bonnet if u don't already. It doesn't pull at the hair at night as cotton and other fabrics do.
thats racist shampoo! haha na anything for thicker hair does but if you really want to specify than ask your local hairdresser, not necessarily about what they have to offer but what the best product is on the public market like in your supermarket
Organix.
The absolute best is the new brand called Organix.





It has organic active ingredients and is sulfate free, so it wont dry out your hair, plus...it smells awesome! Organix has different collections for different hair types which are all amazing! You can get Organix at Target, Kroger, Albertsons, Duane Reade, safeway, etc. Its the best! You'll love it!!!





Check it out!





http://www.organixhair.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment