Friday, February 26, 2010

How to grow long African American hair?

Okay ladies with ethnic hair... How to you grow your hair long and healthy? What do you do to your hair after you wash it? (brands please) and how do you style it to keep it straight besides chemical relaxers? And how do you keep your ends moisturized?How to grow long African American hair?
Okay, lemme first say that my hair is natural.. But, I think this will work for any type of African American hair. My mom is the one who knows most of the ways to grow it out.. But, she uses me as a guinea pig lol, so I know a bit.





First, you should eat right. For example, a big mac isn't going to do a lot of good to someone's hair lol. (not saying you would eat something like that lol) :) I ate apples and almond butter for two weeks straight and my hair grew like weeds. Haha! You should eat natural and organic foods, lots of fruits and veggies.. Yeah..





Now.. Black hair needs oils! I really don't know all of them, but this girl names some good ones (shimahair.com).. Coconut oil, sesame seed oil, peppermint oil i think... Yeah.. haha.





And my hair.. I have it in braids, and they protect the ends (important to growth!) and keep it safe and growing! My mama feeds me and gives me the oils to put in my hair, lol... Umm.. after it's washed, it gets oiled and put back into braids.. I don't really straighten it, because I did once (flat iron with wax and/or vaseline), and it was okay, but the heat did not do it well... That is all I will say about that.. haha.





Sorry, if my answer wasn't clear enough! Hope I helped even a little bit! =]How to grow long African American hair?
Hey girl. I have no perm. I just do protein treatments (aphogee) sometimes like every couple of months and use my kiyoseki when i want it straight. It is a really good flat iron, have been using it for over a year now, you should try it. I just started using mane n tail conditioner (i love it!!) and I use paul mitchells tea tree shampoo (Sallys). Try not to use too many products on your hair. The protein will strengthen my hair and seriously fix your ends. I never cut my ends, just keep them moisturized with a good conditioner. If it is damaged then cut it off but other then that leave it alone. Good Luck!
i just keep up with it. its always changing so i couldn't tell you my routine. but:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/鈥?/a>
Don't flat iron it alot main n tail shampoo works too
its a blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment