Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What colors are flattering on short african american hair?

Stuff you probably need to know: I have very short spiral curls. The length is around that of a pixie cut, but with curly hair... My skin tone is close to Beyonce's or Halle Berry's.





Anyway, I currently have it at a light golden blonde, but I'd like to try something new. Occasionally I'll pick it put and wear it as an afro, so while I am interested in a reddish color, I'm worried about looking like Ronald McDonald. :( Are there any colors (other than dark brown) that look good on short curly hair? I like lighter colors b/c it really shows off the curls, but repeatedly lightening my hair to blonde is getting tedious. What colors are flattering on short african american hair?
first, try streaks to see how you like it. our type of hair is prone to breaking off, so don't just use any dye. do your research on it.





the blonde, and i mean like the trashy blonde that look likes a wig is horrible, but yours doesn't sound to bad.


try a burgundy, black, dark brown, light browns, and a medium blonde.


just try it out first before doing your whole head.





and i love that you wear afro's/





:)


-c.What colors are flattering on short african american hair?
i think maybe go a bit darker with your blonde but not too dark or perhaps a red like u mentioned would look good but not bright red like ronald mcdonald maybe a bit darker or a light golden brown colour?


good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment