Friday, February 26, 2010

What are the best products to use on natural African American hair?

I've decided that I don't want to continue relaxing my hair, but it's been so long since I've had natural hair. I just need to know what sort of products I should use.What are the best products to use on natural African American hair?
I've gone natural for four years. Best thing I ever did! My hair is in my mid-back and very healthy. I had to go through a lot of garbage to find a few products that seem to be quite good. You don't need a bunch of products. (I learned the hard way!). If you don't want to use expensive products, ';Organics'; is a good haircare line. They use a lot of natural ingredients and most of their products don't contain alcohol. Alcohol is the number one killer for breakage next to poor hair maintainance! It dries out your hair like crazy! When you have natural hair, you need moisture! If you don't mind spending a bit of money, ';Ojon'; is an excellent haircare line for natrual hair! I'll tell you what I'm using for myself. I'm using ';Pantene Hydrating Curls'; shampoo and conditioner. Sometimes I use ';At One With Nature'; too. I always use the ';Reconstructor Conditioner'; detangler in the ';At One With Nature'; line no matter what shampoo I'm using. It's an amazing detangler! With the length of my hair, I need something to comb through this huge amount of hair I have! (I have enough for three people! lol!) I use the ';Ojon'; treatment and the leave in spray treatment. That is what has made my hair so strong. It was breaking and those products restored my hair to the state it's in now. Great stuff! As a moisturizer, I use the serum in the ';Organics'; line. I find cream moisturizers are messy on natural hair and most times don't provide the moisture needed. To give my hair some sheen and added moisture, I use the Tea-Tree Shine Strengthening Hair Polish from ';Organics';. It leaves a nice sheen, and provides moisture. I hope this helped. It was lengthy and I'm sorry for the long read. Good luck on grooming your natural hair!What are the best products to use on natural African American hair?
Good for you...try these sites dedicated to natural hair:





http://motowngirl.com/index.php (overall progress of hair manageability, products, etc.)





http://www.naturalhairdigest.com/stylesm鈥?/a> (how to's questions, etc.)





http://www.treasuredlocks.com/haircarpro鈥?/a> for natural hair)





Also try this site:





http://www.strengthofnature.com/





Enjoy and be Safe...(smiles)
u should use natural hair products or olive root stimulator those are the best i been using cocunut oil brand name is parachute and it makes my hair shiny and soft and real black i still do have a perm and all. why dont u go to an indian community and pick up some hair products its very cheap trust me
I work on African textured hair a lot....I always recommend using a leave in treatment (don't forget to defuse hair) such as Bumble and bumble leave in conditioner (can be used on all hair types.)


It is great in quality and can be used as a wash out conditioner as well.


Dont wash your hair more than four days a week! You dont want to dry your hair out.


Use a wide toothed comb to untangle wet hair (which is most fragile.) Comb bottom of hair and work your way up.


Curl enhancer products that are good:


Osis Twist, works fast and will help your curls!


Ouidad climate control gel- Helps fill the cuticle and delivers amino acids and proteins to the hair.


Finger curl your hair in front so your curls look even better (do when your product is in and hair is still damp)


Make sure you use a anti frizz serum last which I would recommend Osis magic anti frizz gloss serum (get at salons)





Good luck and take your time keeping it healthy!!!
I've been natural 2 years in April and I'm loving every minute of it! I would suggest www.nappturality.com for all your natural hair care needs, especially during transition as it was a life saver for me. I steer clear of most hair products because of the alcohol and ';cone'; found in so many. Get yourself a good conditioner and ';lace'; it with nutrients. I rarely shampoo, only conditioner washes. I use Suave Coconut Conditioner and add a bit of honey and olive oil for natural humectants which lock in moisture. For added mosturizer the best kept secret for me is Burt's Bees Bath and Body oil made from lemon and sweet almond oil extracts. That's pretty much all that I use and my hair feels light and airy all day. If you're wanting to slick hair back into a puff try natural aloe vera gel which you can by at central market or whole foods stores. Once a month I use a apple cider vinegar rinse made from that and water to get rid of any build up. Hope this helps!
Carol's Daughter has some great products. They make your hair smell %26amp; feel great
Ive been natural for about seven years now and carols daughter makes good products.....most of the products that are in the stores are no good for natural african american hair there are few that are ok........but for the most part stay away from heavy products use light products....... if you insist on using something out of the store a good product is wonder gro http://www.wonder-gro.com/main.html their products are light and wont clog ....try using pure shea butter ....not the kind sold in the store but from here http://www.nasabb.com/ this is shea butter in the pure form (also great for skin) just do a little experimenting and visit this site http://www.nappturality.com/forum/ this is the biggest african american natural hair resource on the web and the women are so supportive ...if it wasnt for that website I would have been so lost lol and would not have known how to maintain my hair when I went natural years ago .......so check it out and good luck 2 u :)

No comments:

Post a Comment