Sunday, February 28, 2010

Why is African American hair so different from other races?

Like asians, hispanic, and europeans all have well, like (I'm not really sure what to call it) ';smoother'; ';less course hair';. Like I know Africa is hot and sunny, but so is like Italy and Spain/Mexico/Puerto Rico and Asia. How come African Americans hair is so different?


And don't say ';Well I knew a black lady who had......'; or ';This one white girl I knew had really course hair'; Because I know everyone is different, I'm just being general. I'm not being rasist or anything because I'm part black! I'm just curious.Why is African American hair so different from other races?
It's because african american hair doesn't produce as much oil as other races hair does.Why is African American hair so different from other races?
Each African-American hair shaft has a distinct oval - an almost flat shape. The outer cuticle scales protecting each hair are thinner in the area where the oval-shaped hair shaft is thinnest. As a result, these parts of the cuticles break easily, exposing the inner cortex of the hair. Once the more vunerable cortex is no longer protected then it also breaks easily. In addition, the chemical composition of a part of a cuticle, prone to microscopic cracks, cause African hair to have a weak mechanical resistance.





Asian hair contains a medulla filled with plenty of dark pigment, thought to contribute to their shine and high moisture content.





Caucasian hair is the thinnest out of the three hair-types.





Hope it helps:)
Some of the hottest places on earth are in Africa, along the equator. That is why our hair must be drier and coarser by nature. People refer to our ';coarse'; hair as if there is something wrong with hair being coarse. Every group of people has advantages and disadvantages to their hair textures. I enjoy straightening my hair, but I also wear kinky styles that embrace the ';coarse'; texture of my hair, like braids, kinky twists, etc. I also enjoy to curl the hair with rods. People with very straight hair can't do this :)
GENETICS.....it is in our genes the biological units of heredity....on the chromosome that determines physical inheritance and Constitution of your family...... the same reason for tall people.,,small nose,,,,brown eyes, big bones..........science explains..........................now my personal reason is because God made each of us different and special in own why..........now for hair heated brush helps, gel helps ..but we can't change those genes we got...family tree did that......maybe some wish they had you hair condition...full,curly,dark....oh, input from behind me ....some people have none...... reasons .. can be because their genes gave them cancer...they die young...wish you a long and health life...
I just asked the same question. Im black and I wanna know too. Let me know if you find out!!
cause there not part of our state

No comments:

Post a Comment