Friday, February 26, 2010

How do I curl my hair, like the African American hair salon does my hair with the flat-irons?

I just want to learn how to curl my hair like my African American hair salon does my hair. I am African American.How do I curl my hair, like the African American hair salon does my hair with the flat-irons?
First things First...does your friend have a press or a perm? With a perm flat-ironing is much easier because you're hair is pretty much straightened already but with a press it's a little more work involved because you have to press your hair first before you flat iron, which means you have to be extra careful not to expose your hair to too much heat and create breakage and dryness.





You will need:


1) A Flat Iron


2) Sectioning Clips


3) Spritz (not hairspray or oil-sheen) or Anti-Frizz Product


4) Tail Comb


5) Blow Dryer





1. Wash Hair (optional: While hair is wet you use a frizz control product)





2. Blow dry hair until hair is 100% dry. You are just removing the moisture, so there is no need to straighten your hair at this point. That comes later. (optional: if you have a seated dryer at home you can braid hair into several braids and sit under the dryer until almost dry. At this point you can use the hair dryer to avoid using too much heat directly onto your hair)





Now you're ready to flat-iron. Be careful, this tool gets very hot!





1. Draw thin sections of hair through flat iron slowly, but keep the iron moving. Comb hair smooth after each draw through of the iron. Continue until all of your hair has been straightened. On a lower heat setting you can back through your hair and with the same sweeping motion you can turn the iron under towards the ends of your hair to get a curl, making a u shape with the ends of your hair. You can use hairspray to finish the style when you're done.





You might want to practice using your flat iron while it is cold until you get used to the feel and weight of the tool.





There are many options for flat irons, do your research to find which iron is the best for you. Ceramics have the latest technology.How do I curl my hair, like the African American hair salon does my hair with the flat-irons?
Use a curling iron. Dry your hair with gel in it, then mist with a little oil sheen and curl.
be very careful you can burn your scalp and ruin your hair.


ask them to show you aske questions for in between hair salon visist. keep well condtionered God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment