Friday, February 26, 2010

What is a good water based moisterizer for African American hair?

I am tired of petroleum ingredient moisturizers. I grew up by learning that the hair needs. Research says different. I want my hair to grow. I want to try Carol's daughter's Hair Butter? Im skeptical because of the scent that everybody loves or complains about. I don't know if it will work with my hair.What is a good water based moisterizer for African American hair?
Hey, yeah petroleum and mineral oil is not good for our hair. I was raised thinking it would ';moisturize'; my scalp but I never understood as a kid why I was putting grease in my hair while my white friends were taking it out of theirs. lol. I heard it blocks pores. You can find a full list of harmful ingredients at this site- biracialhair.org. She has a full glossary. There are a lot of nasty ingredients out there, most of them in mainstream products. Carol's Daughter is good, you have to try it for yourself though as everyone's hair is different.





I like:


Pantene Relaxed and Natural for detangling








I've heard good things about:


Mixed Chicks, blended beauty, carol's daughter, kinky coily knot today, kinky coily curling custard, jessicurl, karen body beautiful, deva care





In mainstream stores:


VO5, Pantene, creme of Nature, sauve, herbal essences.





There are great product suggestions at these sites as well


motowngirl.com


nappturality.com


naturallycurly.com (can search for products based on ingredients)


longhaircareforum.com


curlynikkie.com





Just join some forums and see what works for other people with your texture. Also join fotki.com as many women have one specifically for their hair and talk about products they use.


What is a good water based moisterizer for African American hair?
I would say not to use chemicals on your hair.Why don't you go for some home remedies. Egg whites, lemon juice, oil massages, reducing stress and diet changes can reduce hair fall and make it healthier.You can find more cheap, effective and natural home remedies for hair loss as well as for healthy hair at http://www.wellnesstalk.org/hairfall.htm鈥?/a>
the only way to know if it works for your hair is to try it . I personally dont use a moisturizer in my hair because i wear my hair in a wrap and most of the moisturizers are too heavy . I like motions marula oil though , idk what its made of

No comments:

Post a Comment