Friday, February 26, 2010

What is good moisturizing product to use on dry African American hair?

Hi. Both me and my 2 little girls have really dry hair. Even grease doesnt do the trick, is there a moisturizer or some product that will help dry hair?What is good moisturizing product to use on dry African American hair?
olive oil replenishing pak its a conditioning treatment their only a buck and good for 2 usesWhat is good moisturizing product to use on dry African American hair?
Try Paul Mitchell SLICK WORKS (wax works for extremely fragile%26amp;dry). Use on clean DRY hair. Its about $15 a bottle,but if there's an ULTA in your area they sell travel size ones about $10. Apply to DRY hair, wrap with a silk scarf %26amp; check your hair in one hour.

Report Abuse



Grease isnt a good idea for using on your hair. It clogs your pores and suffocates the scalp over time, making it dry and itchy. Try to cut that out of their routines and get them a hot-oil treatment. Then find a good shampoo and conditioner for them and go from there. :)

Report Abuse



Btw, not everyone's hair is the same. Just because something works for your friend/mother/daughter's hair, doesnt always mean it will do wonders for you too. Try to find what works for YOU. :)





Here are two AA hair sites that you might get more advice from:


www.nappturality.com


www.motowngirl.com

Report Abuse



you can use olive oil ,oil sheen or use hair mayonnaise.
Both of my children are bi-racial and they both have coarse curly hair. I use to use pink lotion. Have you tried that? The best product I have used on their hair for moisturizing is Care Free Curl Gold. It is an instant activator and make their hair soft and curly but doesn't provide any hold. I usually put this in their hair at night after they take a shower or bath then a little again in the morning before the activating gel. I apply alot and put it in their hair when it's wet so that it dries with the activator in it. In the morning I use a curl activating gel. It makes their hair curly but with the hold of a gel. Because of the texture of their hair I have to do this everyday. I hope this helps. I just don't know if your looking for something to keep the curls. I use to use Tab grease...it was okay...it's an old school grease. It's sworn by but I wanted something different. So I hope I have provided you with a few options to try. Oh and by the way, I buy all of these products at Wal-Mart. You can find them in the section where they sell beauty products for African American.
Beat an egg in a cup of milk.When it foams, rub it into the scalp.Leave it on for 5 minutes. Rinse the hair thoroughly with water.Carry out this routine twice a week for excellent results for dry damaged hair. Check out http://solutionsfordryhair.blogspot.com/ for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment