Friday, February 26, 2010

What are some things I can do to make my african american hair grow?

I used to straighten my hair all the time up until about 4 months ago. Now instead of straightening my hair all the time, I've resorted to ';scrunching'; it with Suave mousse and moisterizer. What can I do different to make it grow?What are some things I can do to make my african american hair grow?
Stop messing with your hair. Pick a style and stick with it for a while. That's what I'm doing. My braids have been up two months and I've been wearing sew-ins over them. The more you mess with your hair, the more hair you shed.





It seems like our hair grows slow, but really, we are just shedding at almost the same rate it is growing. Why do you think people with dreads seems to have fast growing hair (or however you say it)? They keep their hair in that style and don't #*%^ with it!





If you add heat to your hair, do it sparingly. Too much heat can damage.





Personally, I oil my hair once a week. And I wash every 2 weeks. Make sure you deep condition after you wash. Leave the conditioner in for like 15 minutes.





Remember, the more you mess with your hair, the more hair you shed. So pick a style, and keep it up for a while.What are some things I can do to make my african american hair grow?
Definately check out http://www.urbansalonnetwork.com ! Have you tried braiding to give it a rest? Not too tight though. Also conditioning the hair is key. Pay attention to your diet and be sure to drink lots of water. Exercise regularly!
My blog has alot about growing hair and keeping it strong it may be helpful :) http://thelonghairdiaries.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment