Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What is the real reason why african american hair stays still?

I am african american, and I have never permed my hair. I have only flat ironed and texturized it. I use hair lotion, John Frieda Mousse and Doctor Miracles. Sometimes my hair stays still, as if it is permed. Just now i got my hair bang and lifted it up , it stayed up until I brought It back down. Can anyone please help!What is the real reason why african american hair stays still?
well i can only speak for me and my hair and not other African Americans but i think the reason why my hair stays up is because the grease and the oil sheen that i have in it keeps it up and still. the grease kind of is like a ';mold'; to my hair. it molds the hair that i want up or down. that's what i think that the reason is why black ppl hair stays up or still :D





but you should ask your hairdresser or either set up an appointment to find out how you can make it more lively and not so stillWhat is the real reason why african american hair stays still?
a texturizer is nothing more than a light perm same chemicals less time leave it in too long your hair is straight,


some of the reasons why black hair stays still:





1 its artificially straighten (i.e perms, hot combs , flat irons)


black hair is naturally tightly curled (ex. the springs in pens)





2 too much or too little product in your hair


petrolum/lanolin parrifins based products are not only bad but the also weigh the hair down ( some of dr. miracles products in it,if not all)





oils and light cremes are better





3 gel and mousses can weigh the hair down





4 you may not be straightening from the root


you must detangle thoroughly from end to root,


if you straighten from the root with good flat iron it wont be stiff





hope this helps
It is because of how thick and coarse it is. I am Caucasian but some how I ended up with a whifro. I had to go to black hair salons to get my hair cut because white people couldn't cut my hair for $hit. I liked it because I can do all kinds of things with my hair and it will stay that way, when I don't shave it. Try using a relaxer and a good conditioner to soften it up.





Adrian you are a racist scum bag!
The texture. African American hair is much thicker and coarser and STRONGER than other types of hair. Nothing to worry about...you could ask your stylist if their is anything you could do to make it more versatile and livelier
The fibers in it make it more flexible but also allow it to hold the shape. I consider my AA friends to be lucky. I can't make my hair stay up in anything because it's too slippery.
be proud of your hair and stop trying to change it. do not question it. it is still because that is the way God intend to be.
It's dry??


I'm white..So I really don't know what works for that type of hair.


But have you tried asking someone who does hair professionally?


maybe they'll know what could help it out some.
  • skin conditions
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment