Sunday, February 21, 2010

How do you take care of natural african american hair?

I recently just transitioned, but sadly my hair will do the afro textured styles. I have tries and tried to get it to kink up, however it continues to be really wavy. Can somone tell me what I can do to take care of my hair now that it is in this state. I would also like to know how it will look once it grows out long. I am scared that it will grow ';out'; and not grown in a downards direction. At the moment, I have just been using a hairbrush warm water and hair dress to manage it, and it waves beautiful, however I want it to be like an Afro. Any suggestions would be helpful.How do you take care of natural african american hair?
Not all african american hair can go easily go into an afro. It all depends upon your natural hair and your curl pattern. Some hair have a tight S pattern to it and some have more of a loose S pattern to it. Because your hair is wavy it means it has more of a loose S pattern. Continue to do as you are doing now and wait a couple of months. You will have your true hair texture and pattern by then. As far as how it will grow out no one can tell. If you want it to grow in a certain direction you have to ';train'; it. By combing it the way you want to it grow EVERY DAY or EVERY TIME YOU COMB IT. I cannot stress enough that that is a key factor to how your hair will grow. If you dont' comb it in any partiucular way and just let it grow it will grow in more of a wild ';all over our head'; type of style. Hope this helps.How do you take care of natural african american hair?
wash it very 7 - 14 days moisturise it regularly about every three to four days with a moisturising lotion like Dark and lovely or oil it with pomade from dark and lovely or check other pomades that are made specifically for natural african american hair. Keep it wrapped in a scarf at night
My hair was like that too in the beginning. My mom swore there was still perm left, but my hair dresser was cutting it, and I'd been cutting it myself, so I knew that wasnt it. The chemicals alter the way your scalp puts out new hair. In time, it will likely ';nap up';, lol. Mine did, but its still very manageable. Just give it time, remember that this is still a ';transition';. You can try twists now, since there's at least waves. I still fluffed mine into a puff, and patted it to sorta simulate a full natural texture. Have fun with it! I got desperate at that stage and tried a weave for the first time too. Not a good look - unless you squint, lol!





If you do braids, dont keep them in long. Your hair is changing so much, by the time a month passes, you wont know what to do with the new growth. This causes a lot of people to give up in the home stretch.





Youre doing great - keep up the good work!
was hit


wash it

No comments:

Post a Comment