Sunday, February 21, 2010

How can I make my hair grow faster; for african american hair types?

My hair is medium length but, I want to try to continue to grow it instead of cutting it off. I am a female African American so, I need to know some methods on, how to help my hair grow faster and look healthier. I also use relaxer's on my hair every month to straighten it out. Please help me find some way of helping my hair grow faster!How can I make my hair grow faster; for african american hair types?
You only need to do touch up when you relax your hair monthly. Only on the new growth. Then you need to keep moisture in your hair. Chemicals tend to dry out hair. Need to find an excellent hair dress or cream with natural herbs, vitamins in it and message your scalp at least three times a week. This will help stimulate the scalp by making the blood circulate to the hair follicles, promoting hair growth. I use Mane 'N Tail Hair products on my relax hair and it's in great shape, and has a lot of moisture. Shiny, healthily. Everyone can take prenatal vitamins and under the Black Hair Care website it says hair need moisture to grow.How can I make my hair grow faster; for african american hair types?
I really don't think that there is a way to make your hair grow faster but I have heard that prenatal vitamins help.
Our hair length is genetically determined. We can't do anything to change that. My sister's hair will grow to her butt, mine will only grow just past my shoulders. All you can do is protect the hair you have to keep it from breaking off. I would stop using the relaxers and try a different way to style your hair. Use plenty of moisturizing conditioners, keep it trimmed, and it will look healthier. Healthy hair looks longer anyway because it breaks off less. Just treat it gently.
Try this website:





http://www.ubhpublications.com/index.htm鈥?/a>





I have been using these products for almost a year and following Cathy Howe's instructions from her book. I have almost 7 inches of growth. My hair is past my shoulder blades and is thick and coarse. You, like myself, maybe surprised.


Check out the before and after photos on this website. I am not on there. Yet.


One of Cathy's tips was to stop brushing your hair unless you are styling it. I did this and boy is there a difference.


I admire that you are trying to grow your own hair and not fall victim to the weave-a-do trend.
Using a good conditioner and keeping the ends trimmed promotes healthy hair growth. Oil scalp and massage depending on the dryness of your hair and scalp everyday or every other. Try not to perm every month unless it's done by a professional if you must. Peace!
Eating a healthy diet. Avoid or cut back on smoking, drinking alcohol, caffeine and foods that are high in sugar or fat. These are all bad for your body, and will affect the condition of your hair.


Allow your body to grow hair by giving yourself plenty of sleep and rest. Give yourself time to relax when you're feeling very stressed.


Buy a good quality brush or comb - avoid cheap plastic brushes.


Treat your hair carefully by avoiding any unnecessary brushing.


Limit the use of styling tools such as straighteners, hair dryers and hot rollers - these all cause stress to your hair.


Have regular trims to get rid of split ends and to keep your hair looking and feeling healthy.


Weekly scalp massages provide stimulation to the hair follicles.


Also do a weekly hair treatment to protect the hair's shaft.


Avoid chlorine and saltwater. If you go swimming, shampoo your hair as soon as possible afterwards. If you spend alot of time in the sun, use a conditioner that provides SPF protection.


Do not brush your hair when wet. Use a wide tooth comb and be gentle with your hair when it is wet. Do not rub it vigorously with a towel
Hi there. I'm caucasion. But I agree with the prenatal vitamins. The thing is, since I take medication that causes my hair to fall out. My doctor gives me prenatal vitamins, because they have zinc and selinium in them. So you can simply go to the drug store and buy zinc and selinium. This won't help it grow faster, but it will stop it from falling out. My hair is so think, I have it layered, and I thin it with a man's hair cutter I bought, that has the big teeth. But it wants to fall out on top, where I first color it. It falls out in hand fulls every time I wash it. So the zinc %26amp; selenium or prenatal vitamins help. I go buy them on sale at the drug store for buy one, get one free. The dollar stores, do not carry the same mg. I wouldn't go there. Now you don't notice the thining. I know mayonaise is loaded with great things for hair, but check around for african american, I don't know about that? Plz let me share a funny with you. I have to take xanax and all these strong medications, so when I asked the druggest for prenatal vitamins, as I'm 52, I wish you could have seen the schock on her face. It was priceless. I thought I'd die laughing. Then I had to explain this to her.
You can't make it ';grow faster';,but you can protect the ends by sewing in a weave for a month or so. Skip the relaxer the next month and have your hair redone with the sew in weave...after 2 -2in a half months your hair will have grown out,then when you relax it again you will the difference.
- How fast your hair grows has more to do with genetics and nutrition than anything else. You can't do much about genetics, (my mom's hair always grew really fast; so does mine!) but you CAN take vitamin supplements within reason.


- Also, a lot of people who think their hair isn't growing all that fast are really experiencing excessive breakage. Chemicals weaken the hair shaft and tend to cause it to break off more easily. You can switch back to the pressing comb. Even though heat also damages hair, it doesn't seem to be as extreme. AND, you can counteract the effects of heat damage with various products, - conditioners, treatments.


- Some people believe that braiding helps, and maybe it does. But, I've heard others say that it makes their hair break easier.


- The trick for healthy hair that grows as fast as it can is good nutrition, healthy lifestyle (even medications will effect the luster and strength of your hair), and get as close to natural as possible to minimize styling damage. :-)
Flaxseed oil - one tbsp daily or one tablet and buy flaxseed seed boil a handfull with 16 oz of water and use it as a leave in conditioner it helps to grow and make it thicker.





I latin and i use relaxer for my thin hair man, i did damaged but this help alot.





my friend she is African American, she is very happy with her hair now. good luck.
there's a product called doo grow it worked wonderful my hair broke off badd because of my scalp and my mom used that and and growed back fast she knows how 2 get my hair back in shape because thats wut she does is hair all day everyday
i wish i really knew the answer, but i dont...





well, when i was younger, my mom washed mya hair w/ mayo., %26amp;eggs. then she put it in braids. weave grew my hair, it was all the way down my back. then my mom swiched perms, and my hair came out. it is growing back cuz i wear dreads for abouty 5 weeks at a time. it actually grows
talk to it and buy some miracle grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment